This morning, Pati and BeeBee joined another tour for the Flight of the Gibbon ziplines in Mae Kampong, a village 55 minutes from their hotel. There were 6 other adventurers in their group: two young Chinese couples and a middle-aged couple (Australian and Philippine).
The zipline company describes their tour as an “extreme adventure” that soars “through lush, ancient rainforest recognized as the most beautiful in all of Thailand.” Features of their course include:
- 5 km of ziplines deep in the Thai rainforest
- The longest 800 meter (1/2 mile) zipline in Asia
- 33 different platform stations
- 3 hanging sky bridges and 2 rappel descents
- Education about wildlife and vegetation along the course
- Two sky ranger guides per group
- Detailed safety briefing & personal equipment fitting
After traversing several ziplines, the guide pointed out a pair of gibbons high in a tree. He was quite excited that the group could see this, since not every tour was as lucky.
After the zipline course came a traditional Thai lunch, which included black rice, chicken soup, and many vegetable dishes.
After lunch, the group was driven to the Kampong Falls, where many more photos were taken.
Returning to Chaing Mai, Pati and BeeBee walked to the Night Market again for a last look before eating dinner at the hotel’s restaurant. They each had a beef hamburger, fries, and a huge onion ring that were indistinguishable from any available in the US, except that the burger came with a sweet pickle instead of the usual hamburger pickle.